HOW I READ THE ENTIRE BIBLE IN 60 DAYS

 I READ THE ENTIRE BIBLE IN 60 DAYS. 

HOW I READ THE BIBLE IN 60 DAYS - ONWUKANJO SAMUEL
HOW I READ THE BIBLE IN 60 DAYS - ONWUKANJO SAMUEL

HERE’S HOW IT WENT 

Reading the Bible in just 60 days came to me at a time when I started searching for deep knowledge, not just about the Bible but about learning general life principle. 

As I read and finish other books, Reading the Bible and also finishing it became very pressing on me so I decided to start this journey. 

It might sound crazy but really, it’s not. 

On completion of the Bible in 60days I realized that it only takes an average of 70-80 hours to read through all 66 books of the Bible? That means that you can read it in two months with just over an hour per day.

For my reading pattern, I read over 2hrs some days and less than 30mins some days cause of my tight schedule.

All this was against spending time on social media or watching a movie that could last from 2 - 3hrs. 

WHY I DECIDED TO READ THE BIBLE IN 60 DAYS

I had a burning desire to read the Bible after completing several books around different topics.

It became pressing on me to read the Bible and complete reading it because the word of God brings completion to every man and equip him for every good work.  

2 Timothy 3:16-17 

This to me meant that for me to be able to understand every book i read, and bring their positive effect into reality, I must first of all have Gods word inside me and strive to understand it. So that I can be able to filter and make good use of other books and information that would come my way in my quest for knowledge. 

Other reasons why I decided to read the Bible in 60 days was;

1. I wanted to create discipline and habit around my personal development through reading.

2. I appreciate meeting big goals and I was going to gain familiarity with the Bible’s big picture. This generally would make the Bible smaller for me.  

3. It would boost my soul spiritually when I’m down and I’ll also be able to help others wake-up spiritually when they are down. 

4. I needed the Bible to be at the center of my home, where my family would get use to seeing me read the Bible and want to join me as well. 

5. My hunger for Gods word; out of the abundance of Gods word, there’s spirit, truth and life. So I wanted every word that come out from my mouth to be true and to have the spirit of God that brings life. 

MY SCRIPTURE READING ROUTINE

Over the years I’ve deliberately grown a habit of reading, aside from reading the Bible in 60days I had other books I was reading and other activities that demands my full attention. So I had to create a routine that worked with my life and fits in all my reading. 

Most morning, I stay at the parking lot at my work place to read for 30mins before entering the office. Then if I wanted to cover more time, I would read mid-day during small breaks from work. Sometimes I was reading from my phone on waiting line to get fuel or while getting groceries from the supermarket. 

When I’m multitasking I play audio Bible but still go back to the books I’ve read and do a summary and mark some part to study on. The truth is that there were some passages that stood out for me that got me tempted to meditate on them but I couldn’t cause I had a timeline for completion, so what I did was to mark the passages to be able to get back to them for proper study. 


THE RESULT

I started my Bible reading on the 18th of March and ended in May 17th 2024

I’m presently rounding up my Diploma program in Al Nations Bible School and some of the bible verse were repeated so it got me back on revision. 

From this exercise I was able to connect with God on a deeper level. Just like my primary reason of starting this journey was to know God better. Doing this got me closer to God in ways I never imagined, I began to understand his character, his love and heart for his people, and His plans for salvation. 

I use to read the Bible on the pass but these period i read the Bible passage I use to read before and I was seeing different meanings to them, I was getting bigger pictures. Even though I’ve heard the stories growing up but these times, it was so clear. Reading the Bible at this short time made me realize I’ve always had time to study the bible. 

With scripture reading as my priority, I automatically had to cut down on other distractions, such as social media. As a result, I increased my capacity to read – meaning, I realized I am capable of reading much more in a single sitting than I ever thought possible.

YOU CAN DO IT TOO!

If I can read the Bible in 60 days, I promise you can too. It just takes commitment and some discipline (plus a little grace).

If you want to increase the amount of time you spend in the Bible, an intense reading plan like this is a great way to do that but it’s certainly not the only way. Find a plan that works for you (there are tons online) or create your own. Don’t be afraid to stretch yourself a bit and do a little more than you think is possible!

Here are some other tips:

* Pick a specific time of day to read each day

* Write out scripture in a journal

* Listen to audio versions while you do other tasks

* Set reminders to read throughout the day

* Limit distractions (silence your phone, turn off the TV, etc.)

* Pair it with another habit (like eating launch)

* Get an accountability partner to help you stay on track, I told my wife to ask me everyday about my reading and it worked. 

* Make it a family activity, you can have discussions about what you read and the progress you are making with family just to spur your reading.

* Keep going until it’s a habit!

Whether or not you choose to read the Bible in 60 days, let’s all be committed to spending more time in God’s Word. If we have the time to watch TV or scroll through social media, we have the time to hear from the Lord.


“Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.” Matthew 4:4

Comments

Popular Posts